RE: [MV] New WW2 Movie coming

Eric J. Arterberry (ericar@pacifier.com)
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 06:01:50 -0800

Sounds pretty good. I found some info on it at the following web location http://www.casenet.com/movie/savingprivateryan.htm.

Eric Arterberry
'42 GPW

-----Original Message-----
From: Mbjeeper [SMTP:Mbjeeper@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 1998 6:02 AM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] New WW2 Movie coming

A new movie about D Day is due out in late July of this year. It is directed
by Steven Spielberg and stars Tom Hanks and others.
I have been telling my wife for years that I would like to see one more big
budget WW2 film, and this looks like it.
Hanks reportedly said that playing a WW2 soldier has always been a dream of
his and as a result he supposedly did the movie for free. ( He is supposed to
get a cut of the gross, they say)
Here's the part that is relavant to the list- Spielberg reportedly contracted
with Porsche to build two accurate and functional Tiger 1 tanks. Has anyone
else seen or heard anything like this? Spielberg also was to have contacted
the Saumor Tank museum in France and secured the use of its functional Tiger
2.
Has anyone seen or heard anything else about this movie? Filming is done and
the movie is being edited now for a July 24 release.
Greg aka mbjeeper

P.S. There is even going to be a 12" GI JOE figure of Hanks out soon. (And a
WW2 era motorcycle)