[MV] Re: Registration Mil -Veh in California

Scott Watson (swatson@jps.net)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 06:56:58 -0800

Mark, I do not know what will happen if the Serial Numbers do not match? My
past experience is that the California DMV requires a CHP Officer to
"verify the vehicle", this requires the Officer to look at the S.N. in two
places, the Officer has a book that list where the S. N. numbers are (Ford
Ranger right top frame @ shock mount), once he sees the right numbers he
signs the form for you to give the DMV. I wonder if his book list a M151A1?
I also wonder how the "smog inspection" will be handled? Does the
interactive Computer (in CA the smog test requires a central computer in
Sacramento to monitor the test a compare the results to particular
parameters for each make/model/year vehicle)?
have the parameters for Mil-Vehs ?Anyone else have any experience/advice on
this? Scott