RE: [MV]RADIOS

Peter T Paone Jr. (ptpaone.jr@juno.com)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:42:52 EST

>Ken Weiss" <kweiss@wans.net> wrote:

> Can anyone out there tell me who makes the PRC-10 and PRC-77 back pac
> radios. Who sells them? and about what they would run, price wise, for
both
> working and non-working units? Also, what kind of licenses are needed,
if
> any? What are the frequencies ranges of these radios?

Collins and RCA were two of the many contractors.
As long as the military is using the VRC series of
radios the PRC-77 will be considered a "sensitive item"
and be demilled by DRMO (Defense Reutilization and
Marketing Office) prior to disposal. Obtaining a legal
working PRC-77 is slim to none. DRMO disposes
them as electronic scrap by the pound, skid,or in some
cases by the dumpster. DRMO, part of DLA (Defense
Logistics Agency) has a web site for auctions and sales,
the last one I found was: http://www.drms.dla.mil

Pete
NJARNG