Re: [MV] DUKW's

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:45:59 -0600

At 11:35 PM 3/25/98 EST, you wrote:
>Does anybody know what it would take to restore the DUKW's used by the tour
>companies back to spec?
>
>Robert Ratliff

Rob,

Having ridden on one, I can tell you this: you'll need to strip off their
railings and canopies and remove their seats. It looked to me as if they
had rebuilt the dash in their own image. The "interior" must have been
heavily modified, no doubt without much regard for authenticity. I'm also
sure that the odifications necessary to comply with USGC regulations will
make the job harder.

Steve Allen