RE: [MV] stripped thread toubles

Frank Robertson (Tankdriv@gte.net)
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:17:58 -0600

Locktite makes a "Thread Restorer" that works pretty well. You put a =
paste in the hole and coat the bolt with a release agent and screw it =
in. I've used it on fork lifts with good results.

_______
_/_______\_ =20
_/|___|_|___|\_ =20
/ [___] [___] \ FRANK ROBERTSON
/\_ [o] [o] _/\ Memphis, Tn USA
|w||_________||w| =20
|w|\u u/|w| =20
|w| \_______/ |w|
[w] [w]=20

Tankdriv@gte.net
http://home1.gte.net/tankdriv/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: OKMTRPOOL [SMTP:OKMTRPOOL@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 1998 9:44 AM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] stripped thread toubles

Has anyone had any success in repairing stripped head bolt hole threads =
in a
GPW engine block? What method worked? The hole in question is the #4, =
which
appears in some pictures (and on a CJ2 engine I have) to require a stud
instead of a bolt. Is the stud thread diameter bigger than the 7/16 =
bolts used
on the head?

=3D=3D=3D