RE: [MV] Regearing the diffs on an M-715/725

Robert H. Clugston (robert@csnsys.com)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:18:23 -0800

List,
Can someone explain to me why you need a 5:87 gear ratio? I could see the
need if you wanted to spin 55" tires, but for off-road it seems that a 4.56
ratio would do?

-----Original Message-----
From: ET Lance-Gómez [SMTP:etlance@execpc.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 1998 5:20 PM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Cc: MUSTARD75
Subject: Re: [MV] Regearing the diffs on an M-715/725

The proper part numbers for 4.56 ratio gears are:
Dana 60 SP706033-4X
Dana 70 SP706997-2X
My came from DTS, Ring & Pinion Sales, Inc
26400 Groesbeck
Warren, MI 48089
810-778-0540
800-521-0628
801-778-2630 fax

Price in '95 was $249 and $276.50, respectively with $20 for shipping.
One word of advice is to check your spiders. AB Linn has spider sets very
reasonable ($20 at one time). If you want another ratio, ask them for
availability.
Good Luck.
PS You may also want to look into lockers. Lock-right is what I used.
TED