[MV] Re: '63 Jeep (M38?)

ROBERT GALLAGHER (hooterdog@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:57:46 -1000

Every Jeep ID guide I have ever seen lists "with tailgate" as a CJ5
identification point. Every CJ5 I have owned or seen was originally fitted
with a tailgate, although there are some pretty slick "tailgate removal
jobs" out there including some with aftermarket fiberglass bodies. So
what's the story from the Jeep experts. Were there CJ5s built with no
tailgate? They must certainly be a rarity.
BTW tire on the rear is common to numerous jeeps fitted with tailgates via
swinging tire carrier.

Bob