Re: [MV] Security and the MV

David Desoer (dave@hwcn.org)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:31:31 -0400 (EDT)

> OK how do you keep your MV from being drive off by anyone with a little bit
> of know how ?
I don't have a MV yet, but I had been considering this the last few days.
It is my considered opinion that with a little know-how and a little
scrounging you could probably use a numeric keypad which would cut out the
ignition unless the propper code was entered. The locked cut-out switch
might also work. What I would be more concerned about is securing
anything that is in the vehicle. There an ammo box, locked and bolted to
the floor might do the trick for most stuff.

> I suppose draging the battery out each time you stop for a sandwich is a
> bit much.
If you take the battery they can still boost it off of another vehicle...
now if you take the engine out :-)

Dave