Re: FW: [MV] Theft

Eric Nelson (boscolingus@yahoo.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

I have had some experience with theft of my M422 - since I go to a
high school there is plenty of people who want to mess with my car. I
always take out the distributor feed wire before I leave the jeep
anywhere - and I never leave anything inside of it because it is like
asking someone to steal it out of the bed of the jeep. There are many
stories though of how the other kids at my school messed with it, and
one time one person did get away with it, but luckily I was able to
catch up by running off of the football field after him and me and my
team gave him the beating of his life - never mess with an MV - or the
owner of an MV!!!!!

---"Hayes-Holgate, Shaun" <SHayesHolg@ea.com> wrote:

> >>It's not that hard to stop the theft but do you really want to?It
depends
> >on where you live and how it gets dealt with.
>
> the best way to stop your vehicle getting stolen is to leave some kind
> of
> operational quirk present in the system.i used to have a '58
camperized
> gmc school bus.i would just unscrew the floor starter pedal and take
it
> with me.and my old '67 toyota corolla was stolen from the driveway
but i
> knew that since it took a long time to warm up the thief would'nt get
> very
> far.sure enough i found the car a short walk away in the alley.it must
> of
> putt putt and died on him.and now i don't have to worry about my m-43
> since the starter takes a dozen turns to fire it up and the red
cross on
> the
> side is a dead giveaway.
>
> Haze
> M-43
> Vanc.B.C.
>
> ===

==
Eric Nelson, Redondo Beach CA - ICQ # 707576
M422 Mighty Mite

( just a crazy 18 yearold with a military vehicle =-) )