[MV] m715 carb problems

Buzz (buzzm@reno.rmci.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:49:32 GMT

I had a M715 that ran lousy when I got it so I did the tune-up
bit. Checked the points, cleaned the plugs, (very black but no
oil) reset timing, etc,. It then ran great, for a few trips
around the block! When I pulled the plugs they were carbon fouled
again. After cleaning it ran great again, for a while.
I won't go into the whole story but it turned out that the plugs
were MUTT plugs with a 3/8" reach, while the manual states 1/2"
reach. After I put in the correct plugs it ran like a new watch.
Hope this helps,
Buzz

<mil-veh-request@skylee.com>.