Re: [MV] [Fwd: Looking for MV book.]

SBJohnston (SBJohnston@aol.com)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:21:33 EDT

Ben wrote:

>I'm relatively new to MV's and am looking for a book to get
>me up to speed. I'd like a book that specificly covers US
>wheeled vehicles (I'm not very interested in armor ... yet).

I was very impressed with a book titled "Standard Catalog of US Military
Vehicles" by Thomas Berndt ISBN: 0-87341-223-0. I got my copy "mailorder"
(or should it be called "weborder"?) from the online bookstore WWW.AMAZON.COM
at a significantly lower than list price. It's a good overview of all
vehicles 1940-65 with photos, basic specs, history abstract, etc.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com