Re: [MV] 24 volt generator

safe male (safemale@iexpress.net)
Fri, 22 May 1998 23:05:55 GMT

On Fri, 22 May 1998 10:49:44 EDT, you wrote:

>Hank,
>I don't know about polarization, but I would like to mention that it is
>important to leave 1/2 inch of slack in the fan belt per the manual's
>instructions. If the fan belt is over-tightened,
>it will destroy the bearings.
>Rob Kiser
>'52 M37
><< Hey all!
>=20
>=20
> I am replacing the generator in my M-37 with a NOS unit (Fresh out of =
the
>box), I seem to remember reading in a manual that it needs to be =
polarized
>before use. (My manuals are unfortunately loaned to someone who has
>disappeared)=20
on 12 volt cars with generator needed polarized=20
i think feald wire needed tuched to bat term =20
most cars you was able to just short bat to feald with a scrow driver

SOME regulaters you most remove the wire to flash it as i rember

don't take take my word for it see what the rest says i'm thinking
on a 1959 caddy best looking car budy ever made =20
IMHO
=20