[MV] interesting site

Steve (SteveK@owens-export.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 10:59:04 -0700

> From: Jerry Cleveland <supplyline@mvpa.org>
> I may be wrong, but in any event its not big deal to me. We provided a
> link from MVPA ONLINE to the site on Saturday and will keep it up unless
> we hear complaints about the business.

> "Just fishin' from my" <gamma_goat@plazma.net>
> >I'll shed a little light in your list's world. As I am one of three share
> holders for Extreme Imports Inc. I >felt that I should explain so everybody
> gets an understanding. >Extreme Imports Inc. purchased D'N'A Military
>Import & Supply Inc. in Nov.of 1997. This purchase included

Not being one to bad mouth other vendors or people in the hobby, I thought
I would give everyone some notes on my experience with Adrian Simpson.

After talking several times about the Volvo Lapalander vehicles that
Adrian (D'N'A' Military) was selling, I entered into a verbal agreement
with him to purchase an "Excellent Condition, Rust Free Lapalander".
On 5/13/97, I sent him a deposit of $4130.00.
On 5/22/97 I sent him the balance of $4130.00.
I received the vehicle on 8/14/97. The vehicle I received was not as
represented by Mr. Adrian Simpson. It was extremely rusted out, the
vehicle was crashed on the right side, the wiring was not functioning,
the top was ripped and did not match (top Olive Drab, doors Camouflage).
I contacted Mr. Simpson several times and he promised to send me a
replacement carburetor and a set of manuals, which to this day I have
never received. I expressed my disappointment in the quality of the
vehicle and let it go at that.

Over the next 1 year after several conversations by voice and e-mail,
Mr. Simpson promised that he would give me a replacement
vehicle as he was "Ripped Off" by the supplier of the Laplander in
Europe.

Mr. Simpson has seemed to go through several gyrations in his business
dealings. At one point he was joined up with Mr. Skip Harrison who runs
a series of Surplus Stores in the Washington area. I have also seen
some relationships with several "Distributors" in the USA come and
go with links to their sites disappearing and their sites ceasing to
advertise the Laplanders.

I do not want this message to appear as a "Bad Mouthing" of Adrian Simpson
as I still want to give him the chance to make right on his commitments.
He seems to be a nice guy and wants to correct the problem.

I have been a patient person concerning our trouble over the past year
and I told him I would spend the money to fly up to Vancouver to
inspect my "Replacement" Laplander if and when it arrives.

I want everyone to just be aware of what is happening out there.
"Be Careful Guys!"

--

Steve - stevek@owens-export.com #~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~# Owens Export Service http://www.owens-export.com #~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#