Re: [MV] M-37 Soft-top Mouldings&Power Steering

Lyle Van Wert (greenwheels@hotmail.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 18:20:44 PDT

> Hello all,
>Quick question for you.. I am in the midst of buying a soft top for my
>53' M-37. I have a source for the actuall vinyl top however, I cannot
>see to find any of the frame work for it anywhere. The vinyl top won't
>do me much good unless I have a skeleton to put it on. Any
suggestions?
>Also are there any options left for us guys who still need power
>steering? And yes I have done all of the things that have been
suggested
>to ease steering and it still ain't easy enough. When you are trying
>turn around on a trail that is only as wide as the truck is long and
you
>have to be moving to turn the wheel it is a real pain. And I will soon
>be getting some 35X16.5 Super Swamper boggers on this thing which will
>make it near impossible to steer.. hehe Thanks in advance for your
help
>and knowledge!
>

>-Ryan J. Geyer-
>"Pixy"
>"Tiny"
>Ryan, I have seen and have pictures somewhere of a Saginaw Steering
Gear power steering unit installed on an M37. It fits under the fender
outside the frame. Was a slick set up. I don't know the details on how
it was done but it looked like it fit really nice. IT was at the Rocky
Mountain Power Wagon Rendezvous about 3 or 4 years ago near Denver. So
it's quite doable. Regards Lyle Van Wert