Re: [MV] 1942 GPW Footman Loop Coordinates

Damon Lehr (ontrack@teleport.com)
Thu, 28 May 1998 08:45:49 -0700

>Hi List,
>
>Time to request assistance again. I have just finished replacing the
>rear panel on my 1942 GPW with a straight repro which has no holes
>drilled for the footman loops. The old one closely resembled swiss
>cheese.

I have a 42 ford script jeep that is 99 % original just like it was bought
from the DOD in 1945. It's also been owned by our family since that day!!!
anyway.. I'm in Portland and there are a couple of guys running around here
with the cute fords.. (girls too! for that matter!).... anyway
I can get the measurements for you but the jeep is in dry storage and it
would take me a few days until I could get down there to measure her all
up..... I think that beachwood canvas should know exactly where they are
located and a phone call would be all that you need to do...
.... if you have any other questions.. or things I might be able to help you
on just leave me some more mail on the list....

thanks

Damon Lehr
ontrack@teleport.com