Re: [MV] Identifying vehicles from "The Battle of Britain"

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:02:04 +0200

David Desoer schrieb:
> =09I was just watching the movie "Battle of Britain" and saw some
> interesting vehicles. I was watching the movie on my computer so I took =
> couple of screen captures and was hoping someone on the list could
> identify them. They should both be WWII German vehicles, assuming the
> movie people got their stuff right. Pictures are posted at:
> =09http://www.hwcn.org/~ab170/id_veh.html

Dear David,

the second (lower) picture shows a Volkswagen K=FCbelwagen (or Kuebelwagen,
if your computer doesn't show the Umlaute) Type 82. This was the German
standard "Jeep" in late WW2. Design by Porsche.=20

It based on the chassis of the Volkswagen Beetle and was produced during
the war in the Volkswagen factory at Wolfsburg (25 miles from here).

It was only 2x4 drive, but it was a light and narrow vehicle, so its
mobility was better than that of the older German 4x4 cars.

Have a look at my homepage:
http:/home.t-online.de/home/kettenkrad/slope.htm

One picture shows a K=FCbelwagen on the distortion road a the Kummersdorf
Testing Area.

If you need more information about the Volkswagen Type 82, please let
me know.

Regards from Germany
Andreas