Re: [MV] Shrinking Metal

Winne, Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 22:24:54 -0400

Hi Gary,

I was told by an old motor pool man that if you heated the wrinkled metal
(how hot I don't know) and then took a damp rag and put it over the
wrinkled area and that it would draw up a little and pull the wrinkle out
of the metal. I had a windshield frame that had a bad spot in it but I was
able to get it to behave without getting out the torch. It is worth a try
on some scrap sheet metal first and then your trailer. Good luck with it.

Jim 1967 M-715 cargo truck
1982 M-101A1 trailer