Re: [MV] DMV inspection

Rob Root (root99@earthlink.net)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 20:27:48 -0700

King wrote:

> Be polite,Play stupid and constantly appoligize.You'd be surprized what that
> will get you.
> Andre

This is the best advice I have read yet, based on my personal
experience. I have one more thing to add... If you are having
difficulty, and you live in a big city, go to the DMV in the nearest
small town. For some reason which I can't explain, bureaucrats who work
in small towns seem to 1) be more respectful of the "customer", and 2)
are more able to exercise a little common "horse sense" (perhaps they
are just given the latitude to do so). I fought and fought to obtain
the title to a 1933 Plymouth in Phoenix, AZ. My dad got it in 15
minutes in Sierra Vista (Ft. Huachuca).

Rob Root
-1942 GPW, back on the road after surgery, and rollin' right along...