Re: [MV] Paint removal on Ferrets

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:53:52 -0000

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com

>...in small stages... a fine layer at a time. But this is very tedious.

Welcome to the world of military vehicle restoration. Now, nobody would
ever think of putting 20 coats of paint over a 39 Packard, but they don't
seem to have any inhibition about doing it to an ex-military vehicle.
Stick with tedious, if you want to preserve the original paint beneath, for
records sake. And when you finally do uncover it, write it down.

Question- how meticulous are all the list participants about writing down
information during the restoration? I have about 20 pages of typewritten
script, and I am not even out of the complete disassembly stage. I am
really trying to write everything down about the construction and design of
my Carryalls. I am expecting to find about 100 pages when I am finished.
I am taking photos to document the atrocities. For ten hours I spend on
stuff, I spend about one more hour documenting. What are the thoughts of
the list regarding this- waste of time or valuable resource?