Re: [MV] M151 Differentials

Buzz (buzzm@reno.rmci.net)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:18:46 GMT

Jeff
Jeff,
About 5 years ago a glut of new MUTT differentials came on the
market advertised as "quilter", NOT! The story I heard was that
the gears were made in USA then sent to Korea for assembly. I
bought two of them and installed them in my A1. I think that the
noise level dropped about 5db. The main difference that I noted
was a clicking noise when shifting gears. Upon inspection I found
what appears to be twice as much end play of the pinion gear. One
of these days I'll clean the originals up and put 'em back. Mean
while, when I run on the freeway I use foam ear plugs.
Regards to all,
Buzz

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 03:53:51 EDT, you wrote:
>Hey, ya'll I've come across 2 differentials that look new but
I'm sure they are rebuilt. The odd thing is on the bottom they
are stamped "KOREA" I'm guessing this means they were made
there! But, I didn't know that there were any made overseas??
I'm also trying to find out witch of the differentials where the
quit ones??? Any ideas?? I've had a few different ones in my
time.
My friend had an M151A1 and his differentials were real quite. I
wish I would have found out the markings on it back then!!

<mil-veh-request@skylee.com>.