Re: [MV] a few M715/M725 questions

David P. Dusenbury (dp@interpath.com)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:38:20 -0400

> 4-Brakes, I understand are getting harder to do (read $) and find parts for.
> Want to change to newer drum/drum or disk/drum. Suggestions?
>
> A: I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS ON THIS, AS I DONT KNOW. A POWER BRAKE
> CONVERSION TO THE STOCK SYSTEM IS POSSIBLE AND FAIRLY STRAIGHTFORWARD.

I recently bought all new shoes, wheel cyls, master, rubber hoses, and
new brake line, have about $400 in parts. NOS drums are also available,
I think about $75 each, but I was able to get mine turned at local truck
shop (all 4 for $20!! the guy owed me a favor).

I have never really felt the need for power brakes or steering in
anything. It just doesn't seem worth the trouble.

DP