Re: [MV] Deutz - Magirus

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 20:53:13 +0200

Fr=E9d=E9ric Legrain schrieb:

> Does anyone know if these firms still exist ?
> Deutz and Magirus were German firms that built mv's.
> I'd like to find their address, on the web or somewhere else...

They do still exist under the name "Kloeckner-Humboldt-Deutz".
They are located at K=F6ln-Deutz (Cologne) at the river Rhine.

The Deutz company was the company, where Nikolaus August Otto
developed the worlds first fourstroke combustion engine. So this
company is the mother of all petrol (gas) engines.

They have a nice works museum, where the first comubustion engine
from Otto is on display in working condition. (Yes, it is engine=20
no. 1!)

Try the URL:

http://www.deutz.de

They don't produce vehicles any more, but diesel engines.=20

Regards
Andreas