Re: [MV] 2-1/2 Ton question

Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:54:17 +0200

From: Fred_Hopper@mastercard.com
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Date sent: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 16:25:25 -0400
Subject: [MV] 2-1/2 Ton question
Send reply to: Fred_Hopper@mastercard.com

> Hello all,
> Does anyone know if the West German Army (former)
> used US made 2-1/2 ton trucks?

The West German Army (Bundeswehr) is not former, but the East German
(Volksarme) is.

> Hope it's not a stupid question,
> but alas, I am an amateur at this. I would like to paint, and unit
> mark my new purchase as such. Which leads me to my next
> question.... what color schemes were used by WGA?? Or was
> standard NATO camo?

Grey (until about mid 80=B4s) and a three-colour camo-scheme. You=B4ll fin=
d a
faded example of the first at my homepage (vehicles - Magirus Deutz Family=
-
Magirus Deutz Jupiter) and a fine example of the last (vehicles - Unimog F=
amily
- Unimog 404 Ambulance (first one listed)).

Perhaps Andreas can be of more help here ?

Hope this helps a bit :-)

Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller
DK - 6270 Toender