Re: [MV] Half-doors--again

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:45:24 -0000

I had a set of half doors once, that were a full 1.5 inches short. I put
them in water, and stretched them, and they fit tightly. We have a few
half doors in this Auction coming up. I haven't measured them, but they
look very new. And the real final word on half-doors: They were a pain in
the ass when they were new, so why mess with them now. If you really want
a set of half doors on your jeep, make them out of 16 gauge sheet metal and
a hinge. They will fit better, can be bolted on and unbolted for shows,
won't wear out as fast as the canvas, and will probably cost a little less
than the canvas ones.
john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com