Re: [MV] Radials on Splits/Tubes

ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:32:16 -0500

Well, I'm not going to put on my hair shirt and reply to the tone of your
msg.

However, for clarity. The rim doesn't split. What happens is that the lock
ring is not firmly seated in the wheel. This causes the lock ring to fly
out along with tube and tire. The wheel goes the other way (Newton's 1st
law). If the chain is tight on the rim, then nothing every departs.

All I can say, is been there, done that. I carefully clean all parts and
seat the lock ring very well. The only time I would care to pay $$ (and $10
is cheap), is when I can't get the darn thing apart in the 1st place
(rusty?).
TED