Re: [MV] New to list....

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:30:11 -0000

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com

> Did you see the A&E show on WWII PT Boats? There was a fellow who
owns
> a restored WWII boat "PT-78" I think. Is the owner on-line amongst
us?

> I wonder what military boat community consists of?
> I know of the Liberty Ship Jerimiah O'Brian in San Francisco and
> another Liberty ship on the east coast, but the name escapes me at
the
> moment.

The East Coast one is the SS John W. Brown. It is parked here in
Baltimore. Unfortunately, the city seems to not like the boat or its crew
(who are the nicest, most public friendly bunch of guys there could be)

There are plenty of PT boats out there, but most of them are beached hulls
with water running in and out of them.

We have a 1943 Kreigsmarine patrol boat for sale right now. It has combat
history, and the manufacturer is still in business. Photos can be found at
http://www.astory.com/boat

message to <mil-veh-request@skylee.com>.