Re: [MV] New to list....PT Boats and Liberty Ship

Paul Madden (pmadden@sous.com)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:06:03 -0500

There is another PT boat under restoration at La Porte,Texas
Can't recall boat number but the name is "OH Frankie" named
after Frank Sinatra whom the original skipper of this PT met and struck
up a friendship with during the war. I've recently seen this PT
boat and it's coming along nicely. The 3 Packard V12's have been
installed and it was supposed to make an apperance at the Classic Car
and Boat show at Clearlake Tx. this past spring. It will be moored
at La Porte next to the USS Texas. This boat was used as a fishing
boat for a number of years on the east coast and is being restored
by private funding and donations.

The Liberty ship on the East Coast is the USS Brown.

Paul Madden
'43 MB (Lil' Texas)