RE: [MV] Greetings all...

Cliff Dahl (wrcc@rapidnet.com)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:33:50 -0600

Point of advice:
I did the same thing to my M38A1 about 22 years ago. Lucky for me, I kept
all the parts and this last year restored it back to original. I know it
is nice to have all the gadgets and devices that need to run on 12 volts,
but consider what you may want to do with your vehicle in 10 years. If you
are keeping it for a collectible, I would suggest leaving it be and find a
second vehicle to put the gadgets in. I also tried the convertors (at the
time, which may not have been as good) and also ran 12 volt equipment from
1 battery, which only ruined batteries due to improper charging.
Also, 2 devices in serial would have to draw the EXACT wattage (power) or
the same voltage (12 volts) would not be distributed to each device.
Good luck what ever path you decide to take.

Learned from experience:
Cliff Dahl
wrcc@rapidnet.com
1942 M2A1 halftrack