RE: [MV] Studs,nuts and lots of Rust

Frank Robertson (tankdriv@gte.net)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 22:15:10 -0500

For nuts, take a torch and heat the outside of the nut. Keep the flame =
off the stud as much as possible. Use a low enough flame that you can =
control it.
For studs same tool but heat the metal around the stud not the stud it's =
self.
Should take care of them.

_______
_/_______\_ =20
_/|___|_|___|\_ =20
/ [___] [___] \ FRANK ROBERTSON
/\_ [o] [o] _/\ Memphis, Tn USA
|w||_________||w| =20
|w|\u u/|w| =20
|w| \_______/ |w|
[w] [w]=20

Tankdriv@gte.net
http://home1.gte.net/tankdriv/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: DARYL LEHMAN [SMTP:DLehman1@compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 1998 5:58 PM
To: MV List
Subject: [MV] Studs,nuts and lots of Rust

Hello List,

Ok anyone have any special technique for getting nuts and studs off ? I
have an M-37 which needs an exhaust manifold replaced (got that) and now
since the vac insert portion of the intake manifold crumbled I need one =
of
them (got that comming). =20

After 2 cans of liquid wrench they are still happy where they are with
slight exceptions. Any special hints out there ? I don't want to have =
bore out broken studs out if the block if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance for the hints.

Regards,

Daryl
52' M-37=20

=3D=3DTo unsubscribe from the mil-veh mailing list, send the single word