RE: [MV] Bren/Universal Carriers

BAUDUIN Raphael CNET/DSV/CAE (raphael.bauduin@cnet.francetelecom.fr)
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:32:24 +0200

Jim,
I have good copies of the following manuals :
- manual UC-F1 (1942) which is the first technical maual pertaining to
Carrier universal Mark I* (canadian) (260 pages)
- FUC-02 Illustrated parts catalog (1941-2) for carrier universal Mark =
I*
(111 pages)
- Illustrated Spare parts list (views of all parts : engine, stowage,
etc...) (190 pages)

If you don't find them in US, I could make copies for 0.12 US$ each =
page
plus the postage.

My carrier (Mark I*) has been used after the war in mountains and all =
the
pins have been replaced. It works fine but the look is a bit different
(heads have been welded). I have several meters of spare tracks but in =
poor
condition and very heavy to carry.

Good luck if you start such a project, parts seem to be very difficult =
find. I know it from experience.

Raphael

> ----------
> De : James Burrill[SMTP:jburrill@dttus.com]
> R=E9pondre =E0 : James Burrill
> Date=A0: vendredi 31 juillet 1998 16:58
> A : mil-veh@skylee.com
> Objet : [MV] Bren/Universal Carriers
>=20
>=20
> Hi list,
> =20
> I am doing my homework before actively trying to find a carrier. =
Bare