Re: [MV] The MVPA Tobyhanna page

MORGAN BLANCHARD (bmorgan@ns.net)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 00:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

>Anyone can identify a problem. You should have learned in the Marines to
>FIX problems. If you don't like what the MVPA has advertised, or don't
>agree with their policies, join the organization and work to make a
>difference. As a non-member you have no stake in the organization, so an
>open letter of complaint seems strange. If you are truly concerned for the
>MVPA it seems like the obvious first step would be to join. There are
>certainly better ways to voice concern than a "piss and moan" open letter.

Hey Fella:
I think you missed what Mike was saying, I mean "piss and moan" how
welcoming!. I don't know who thought up the idea of restricting attendance
to the rally but if you want new members it is pretty silly, after all did
some one actualy think that they would get more new members and public
support by keeping out those interested in attending an MV rally? Maybe it
was just a desire to keep out "the public," that lesser group of mortals
who don't belong to the MVPA and therefore would have no interest,
knowledge, or import in the field of Military vehicles, let alone money to
spend, friendship to give or interest in joining the organization. As far
as I know it is no great feet joining the MVPA you just have to express an
interest and send in a check, so why make it hard to do at one of your
biggest annual events?
As for the argument expressed above it is hopelessly flawed, joining
the orginzation and working from within is not the only way to change the
behavior of some group or other, you can also dedicate your self to its
destruction and work tirelessly to wipe it from the face of the earth like
the wrath of God (well it worked with Nazi Germany didn't it?). All
kidding aside, we are intereted in the same things, so lets not get snippy
with each other.
But, in closeing, I think it is very interesting to note that a quick
parusal of the responces to this posting from MVPA members, Dennis my old
pal aside, shows more interest, on the part of those members, in the tone
or appropriatness of Mike's missive rather than his actual points.
And before you ask, no I am not a member of the MVPA, this is realy my
first contact with the outfit, and I have to say that it didn't exactly
come across as high speed. But what the hey, my opinion doesn't matter
right? Maybe I will have to look into that MVCC outfit.

Morgan Blanchard
O/C, D Troop, 1st Airborne Reconnaissance Squadron, CHS