Re: [MV] Bureaucrats -1, Mil-Owner 0

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 20:45:57 -0700

Wearldunn@aol.com wrote:

> Since I screwed up the first message transmitted owing to my agitated state, I
> am resending this to the list for assistance and suggestions.
>
> The sage begins four months ago when I purchased a '72 M151A2, originally
> licensed and registered in California in '95 that had been sitting on a
> trailer in Colorado for two years, unused. I dutifully brought it to
> Washington state and began a total, ground up restoration. After countless

Earl,

as president of the Puget Sound MVCC i am well aware of this problem.
When i get calls from fellow collectors planning on moving to Washington
with M151's I tell them to sell it before moving here! There is a
better market elsewhere without the hassels. Now, as for liscensing
your M151; first what does your title say, does it say "1972 jeep" or
does it say "M151"? If it says M151 i would consider either "buying" a
title or somehow get the title description changed, this may involve a
trip back to whereever you bought it. Next, don't take the vehicle to
be inspected, I had my 44 MB for 3 years before i ever liscensed it.
and last but not least, one of our club members moved here from Delaware
with a M151 he went to two or three liscense places before he found
someone "dumb" enough not to know what a M151 is and had no problems. I
suggest you try to attend one of our meetings or consider joining our
local club, we help each other with problems like this all the time, and
could have advised you about this before you put all this labor into
your jeep!

Tony Standefer
President, Puget Sound Chapter MVCC
1944 Willys MB