Re: [MV] Dating Engine and Frame

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Torfinn_S=F8rnes?= (tsornes@online.no)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:32:12 +0200

David Farb wrote:

> As far as I can tell there is no serial number on the
> block, although=20
> down by the oil pan, below the starter there is a number cast into the
* block.

I have been on your web side. It seems like my engine is very similar to =
yours. No serialnumber cast into the engine. The numbers on the right =
side of the engine is: 641087-L-W 10 A I CR M.

The head also has Jeep and Willys cast into it.

My engine has a rebuilt tag from the norwegian army which reads =
(translated):
This engine no J24600
Rebuilt 6-2-68
At HVK DKT workshop
Cylinder bore 0.20
Crankshaft bearing 0.10
Connecting rod bearing 0.10

The transmission has a rebuild tag that reads:
"Rebuilt by US Army LOG depot Japan.=20
Shop 6-1=20
Date 19-12-60=20
Job 238-616"

How can this transmission happen to be on my jeep?. My jeep was owned by =
the norwegian army until 1986. I guess the norwegian army imported used =
jeeps or rebuilt parts after 1960.

Regards

Torfinn Sornes