[MV] ((MV) S-Tank tender and Q

h.ankarcrona@mbox304.swipnet.se
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 03:01:02 +0000

From: Self <Single-user mode>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: (MV) S-Tank tender and Q
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:08:28

-
Hi list
Collector of 10 vehicles, dealer and Capt in the reserv, inf.,
have with interest read this list for a year, but due to some problem
with addresses in my system, not got througth with my e-mails.
.
To collect armoured vehicles seems to be tricky also elswere and to
buy them from our MOD harder then going to the moon.
I have after some years penetration of the system in Sw, and
official complaints, got my answer by receiving a tender for: Full
working-
200 pcs of S-tank mod 103C, 105 mm gun, 40 000 kg with 1000
cubikmeters of spares and accessories, tools etc, training and full
rounds.

20 ARV 82 , 26 000 kg, with 100 cubikmeters etc

14 Armoured Bridgelayers mod 941, 29 000 kg with a 15 long aluminium
50 000kg payload bridge, with 100 cubikmeters etc

to be sold to one buyer, NOT devided, with earliest collection of the
total about 10 000 000 kg from MOD depot, all over Sweden, during
early -99. Could be sold to many buyers if licence and exportlicence
came . But that with the strict exportcontrol etc in Sw,it is a
scraporder in reality. Exports has to be good for the security of Sw,
that is, sales that cut our costs etc. If a company tries to sell
or advertis warmateriel without licence, it could meen 6 months in
jail. I don t do it, just inform you.

I have bought some armoured veh from UK, and have also seen them
exported to US. With exportlicence as colletion veh, not to be used
for military purpuses or to spread gas or lounch neuclear missiles,
which is easy for a collector to sign for without problems.

My query is now
1) Is there a interest in the world from collectors for these
vehicles, with deaktiv gun ( S-tank and)? and ARV etc.
2) What are the regulations about importing armoured vehicles into
your country, with or without deaktivated gun?
3) Are you allowed to own one? Any regulations ?
4) Are you allowed to sell it within your country, and or to export?
5) Could you buy direct or indirect armoured veh from your"MOD"
6) Other interesting info in this matter?

To answer this Q on the Swedish side
1) Yes and from museums, but MOD don t sell, they scrap.
2)Importing to Sw no problem, if gun live or deaktivated needs
gunlicence, live almost impossible, deaktiv possible after much work.
3)Yes, but no license for roaduse, can=B4t drive them anywere due to
regulations on use of land, only on tracks, special places etc.
4)Privatly sell yes, if sold by company a need for goverment
licence, which is VERY hard to get. All exports need a goverment
exportlicence, VERY hard to get, if not sold to a approved goverment
or approved museum. All amoured veh are exportcontrolled, no typ of
deaktivation matters, even for collectors sofar no granted export?
5) No, but in theory Yes if the company holds a armamentgov licence,
which very few do, but in practice, all are scaped, untill
this tender??Sold by licenced company within Sw, Yes, with report to
gov of who is the buyer, yearly (no gun ,if not years of
bureaucracy and sek spent in the process)
6) Armed forces and MOD, gov, don t want collectors in
this field, due to risk of bad will, crimes? etc even if the
ownership is lawful. See type of tender received.

When our S-tanks are scraped, its only some less than 10 left in the
World ? You should think that all museums and alike could get one
each for the sake of history as scaping they may cost money.

Note the problems to get some types of armour from old days now,
noone tried? at that time to safeguard veh for the future?

Is there a problem with collectors of armoured vehicles in the
world?, do they robb banks, or try to overtake any goverments etc, do
they run over children or bystanders or what? It could be more
dangerous to use your own car to go to work than to collect armoured
veh?

Would appriciate your input to this matter.
Has made UN service in Cyprus -78-79 and Kashmir -80-81, enyoying
some vehicles from in and outside.

Regards Hubert Ankarcrona, Sweden, Mil veh collector