Re: RE [MV] M-Series Electronic Ignition

Chris Davi (chrismv@juno.com)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 08:41:50 -0700

On Fri, 28 Aug 98 13:25:35 EDT Dr Deuce 264-0909
<keith@apache.ENET.dec.com> writes:
>I have had 4 M-series electronic ignitions in my M151. All have failed
>at the
>most inopourtune times. All except for the original with the Jeep were
>brand
>new and purchased by me.
>
>I now have points even though I can tell that they are not as hot a
>spark.
>

>Steve

I've had two sets fail on an M151 also. I found hot weather did them in.
Neither one lasted more than 6 months. I went back to points, no
problems.

Chris Davis
'52 M37 (former M151 and M38A1 owner)
Lake Forest, CA