Re: [MV] M-Series Electronic Ignition

Alan Bowes (Inbox@todacosa.com)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:40:53 -0600

Hmmm. This doesn't bode well for someone considering an
original-equipment-type M151 electronic ignition conversion.

Has anyone else had any experience with any other M-series electronic
ignition (either factory or aftermarket)?

I'm still researching possible aftermarket electronic conversion units for
M-series distributors. I think that the newer solid-state circuitry should be
extremely reliable and should be able to handle high-heat situations with no
problem. For example, newer vehicles typically use high-temperature
thermostats and have very tightly packed areas under the hood, yet they don't
seem to have any significant number of heat-related electronic ignition
problems. Of course, failures can happen, but they are quite rare indeed
compared to the early days of electronic ignition systems.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan