[MV] Re: Engines

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 23:18:57 -0400

>MB Experts..I have two MB engines in the original crates. They are brand
>new.Markings are, drivers side of engine- near top of block "15"
>under that lower down in a square K6/21. Passenger side, middle of
>block-large numbers (casting number) 908756. The boss on top of
>block-front-"I MB 42488". Second engine is the same, serial number is
43426.
>Stock number on box is hard to read--28xx 736-9924. What are they guys ?
>Anyone want to buy them ? REPEAT--these are new NOT rebuilt!! Gene

Well. They are not original MB engines, just replacement engines. The
original would have a 638632 casting number. The 908756 is a much later
casting. I would give the date of this engine around 1954 (at the earliest.
The 6-226 Station Wagon and Sedan Delivery had complete engine part numbers
of 908058 in this same time period.) Don't have much information on this
engine. Sorry.

Todd Paisley