Re: [MV] Split Rings vs. Split Rims

gbb@creighton.edu
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 9:02:42 CDT

> axle. The service guy replaced the tires on the split rims on the side of
> the road with no cage!!! I was thinking that if those rings ever came off,
> he would for surly been killed.

There's a difference between split rings and split rims. We had a
flat patched on a road trip in GA by a guy with no cage. He did
put the tire back on the truck before he put the full pressure to
it. The rings face in. No where for it to go if it pops off. He
did air it up remote (about 10 feet away).

jorge