[MV] [Fwd: 1947 CJ2A serial and casting numbers]

paul vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 00:06:25 -0700

Listers & Prod number crunchers.

I have a friend that is restoring a 46/47 ( I cant remember) cj2a. He
showed me that the s/n from the tag on the firewall was different from the number
stamped on the l.h. front body support gusset. Rembering from the Mil jeeps (WWII)
that there were differences like this. Can anyone shed light on the numbers below.
Ive included what he sent me below.

> here are the numbers off of the jeep I'm working on;
> Serial number from data plates on frame and firewall: 130323

> Serial number stamped in front left body tub gusset: 123036

> Serial number from waterpump boss on engine block: 136704

> Casting numbers from right side of engine block: 641087-L-W10 A N1-CR-N2

Thanks
Paul VAndervort
MVPA 437