Re: [MV] surplus tire dealer

mtowers@netxpress.com
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 11:39:40 -0500

MVTrucker@aol.com wrote:

> List,
> Has anyone heard of or done business with a company by the name
> of Gensco? I came across their ad in a farming magazine and they
> offer aircraft and military tires. No address, just an 800 phone number.
> Joe mvtrucker@aol.com
>
> http://members.aol.com/MVTrucker/home.index.com
> http://members.aol.com/SJMVPA/index.com <----go here if interested
> in a mil-veh club in the southern NJ area.
>
> ===
Yeah, I've heard of them. Be careful. I bought two aircraft tires which
they said needed no tubes, would mount on my rims, and would not ever go
flat.

I had my local dealer mount them on a farm trailer I use at the ranch,
which frequently got thorn and sticker flats. The guy I had mount them
was so pissed by the time he got them on the rims that he charged me
double and told me never to bring them back to him.

Then, they both went flat!!! It seems there are hundreds of tiny pin
holes in the sidewalls of both tires. Somebody said that is because a/c
tires are filled with nitrogen, and this is an equalizing mechanizism. I
don't know if that's true or not.

All I know is that when I complained to Gensco about the tires not doing
what they said even though they were installed as they said, their
response was, "Gee, I guess you need tubes. We'll be glad to sell them
to you."

I do not intend to do business with them again.

Mike Towers
Pipe Creek Texas