Re:[MV] SdKfz 186 & PAK44

Product of Alkett (sturmtiger1944@yahoo.com)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:08:21 -0700 (PDT)

---STRICKLAND-WW <STRICKLAND-WW@redstone.army.mil> wrote:

> Subject: Re: [MV] SdKfz 186 & PAK44
>
> I am new to this. Who has these vehicles and where are they? How do
they have
> the cash to aquire all?
>
> What do they have against the rest of us?

Well...there are various groups and organizations who seek out these
vehicles ( much like those who seek wrecked seagoing vessels to gain
their treasure and artifacts ) for recovery. I would assume, as I
havn't read up on all this until recently, that these groups either
get financing from within the group or they get backing from buyers
who use the group's assets to gain them what they are wanting. I would
also assume donations play a part in the finance. According to some of
the posts to the Mil-Veh list, there are a handful of depots where
these finds are stored. As for where they are...that I don't know.

I'm not so sure its a matter of them having anything against
anyone...maybe they have their reasons for not wanting John Q. Public
to have access to of be able to view what is found. Security is an
issue I'm sure...and I can understand their worry about "claim
jumping" since, I'm sure there is rivalry between these groups.

> Sly fox that I am, Ill bet W&T is an abreviation for wheels and
> tracks. If it is a magazine, could someone tell me how to
subscribe
> and prices?

Can't help you here...but someone on this list can probably get you
that info.

Best,

Ed