Re: [MV] ( was none ) Sturmtiger

Product of Alkett (sturmtiger1944@yahoo.com)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

---STRICKLAND-WW <STRICKLAND-WW@redstone.army.mil> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Thanks for the w&t address.

I'm sure Richard will see this one. :)

> Tell me more of sturmtiger. Do you have one or a group you are
in have
> one?

As far as I know, there are only two Sturmtigers left in the world and
both are on display. The first is in the collection of the Kubinka
Tank Museum outside Moscow, Russia and the other is part of the
collection at the M.T.S. at Koblenz, Germany. The latter used to be
part of the collection at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland,
U.S.A.

I would wager that is any other Sturmtiger turned up...the lid would
be clamped down on it real hard given it is much more rare than the
Jagdtiger at only 18 examples being built.

For more info on the Sturmtiger, I have written a piece on it which
can be found at:

http://lrf1.unizar.es/~martin/panzernet/articulos/sturmi.html

Best,

Ed