[MV] Kuebelwagen production numbers

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 07:18:43 +0200

DBaumanjr@aol.com schrieb:
> There was even a german Kubelwagen there! What a unique vehicle!
> My question is: How many Kubelwagens were made? Were any fitted with
> armament?
> Thanks for your time,
> Darryl Bauman Jr

The VOLKSWAGENWERK produced until April the 10th 1945:

37,320 Kuebelwagen type 82, four seater, standard
3,326 Kuebelwagen type 82, radio cars
7,545 Kuebelwagen type 82, cars for signal corps
2,324 Kuebelwagen type 82, service and repair cars

Some of them had a mount for a machine gun.

Regards from Braunschweig, 25 miles from the VOLKSWAGEN factory
Andreas