RE: [MV] Another battery question

A.Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Wed, 16 Sep 98 10:38 +0100

>About 10 yrs ago the US Army couldn't make up it's mind on
>whether to charge batteries with or w/o the caps on. What is the
>recommendation now? I have always charged with the caps on with
>no problems.

Let the caps on the battery while charging. Note that the battery
is most of its lifetime charged in the vehicle with caps on.

Only if you use an express-charger with a very high charging
current (much more than the vehicle's generator) it is recommended
to remove the caps.

Modern batteries don't have caps which can removed.

Regards
Andreas