RE: [MV] Need NAPA part number for M715 part. ctx, also advice needed.

Mark Masse (mmasse@islc.net)
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 21:47:52 -0700

Jason,

My M715 suffers from the same problems you describe. My cure for the
exhaust gasket is to double or triple-up the gaskets. This is only a
temporary fix, as exhaust begins to blow through about every 6 months. The
metal flange on the exhaust manifold may not be parallel with the flange on
the pipe, causing a gap--At least that's what I suspect my problem is.

For the dieseling, I find that a tune up fixes it each and every time. I
have a 12 volt civilian Tornado engine installed, but it's basically the
same. These engines tend to require frequent tune-ups. Resetting the point
gap and ignition timing will make it purr for 3 or 4 months, then dieseling
starts again. I just repeat the process each time.

Without checking too deeply into the cause, I just write these things off as
routine maintenance--I have bigger fish to fry as far as vehicle maintenance
goes.

Hope this helps,

--Mark Masse
1967 M715