Re[2]: [MV] Re: SCUD missle seizure in Calif., Part 1

JRONEY@elotouch.com
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:21:22 -0700

I am fascinated by the incredible lack of integrity displayed by those
in this group who would condemn the importation of a SCUD carrier, yet
defend and promote the trade of other military vehicles.

Discounting all arguements concerning security, (which are invalid)
and about trusting yourself and not your neighbor (which is absurd),
it is vitally important to remember that no society had ever existed
in a free state until the citizens of that country possessed weapons.
It is the continued maintenance of THAT arsenal which keeps us free,
and serves as a model to liberate others.

Please remember: "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to secure
a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not
be infringed." no distinction between small arms, light machine guns,
armoured vehicles, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, SCUDS, or thermo-nuclear
devices. The whole premise is that YOU are responsible for protecting
US. (...and I thank you for it!) You should also remember that in
1930, you could by a full-auto Thompson for $200. over the counter.

To keep things in perspective, the worst mass-murders in US history
were from 1:fertilizer, and 2:gasoline. (no conclusive evidence on
TWA 800, but it wasn't a SCUD)

NOW, back on topic...Does anybody know more about the VEHICLE that
carries that SCUD? Who makes it? What is its designation? How is it
powered? Is it a converted firetruck? How fast will it go? Is it
all wheel drive? Does it have air conditioning? Most importantly,
HOW CAN I GET ONE???

James Roney
JRoney@Elotouch.com
(military vehicle enthusiast)