Re: [MV] M715 wheel hub nuts

ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:12:53 -0500

Mark:
A quote from the -20 as requested.
Section XXV. 2-107 p 115
b. Wheel Bearing Adjustment
(1) Remove nuts and lock washers which secure axle shaft and/or driving flange
to hubs.
(2) Remove axle shaft and/or driving flange and gaskets.
(3) Remove outher lock nut and lock washer.
(4) Rotate hub, and using Tool FSN 5120-168-2286, (fig 2-88) adjust inner
adjusting nut until wheel binds.
(5) Back off adjusting nut one-sixth turn until wheel turns freely.
(6) Install lock washer and outer lock nut and tighten. Bend lockwasher to
secure nut.
(7) Position new gasket on hub and install axle shaft and/or driving flange.
(8) Install lock washer and nuts which secure axle shaft and/or driving flange
to hub and tighten to 32-50 lbs-ft.
(end)

The figure shows a tool fitted over the nut with a cross-bar handle used to
tighten.
TED