[MV] Reply to Thomas Durkin's listing

Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:44:48 -0700

>The problem with guys like Littlefield is they make things
harder for
>collectors who are legitimately trying to restore and
maintain miltary
>vehicles.

The problem with guys like Thomas Durkin is they are afraid
of their government. Afraid to stand up for their rights
and the rights of others. Afraid to make any ripples (let
alone waves), lest they be discovered for what they really
are.
I don't know you, Mr. Durkin, and I don't mean to single you
out for a personal attack. Most likely I'm all wrong about
you, like you are about Jacques Littlefield. Judging from
Jacques collection, I'd say he does more for collecting,
restoring, and maintaining military vehicles than any one I
know of, including our government.

>One reason we pay such high taxes in America is to maintain
the best
>military force in the world. They are paid, trained and
equipped to handle
>live weapons systems.

One reason we pay such high taxes in America is to meet the
payroll for the highest paid beaurcrats in the world at the
expense of our militay forces. The fiscal support for our
militay forces has declined dramatically over the last 6
years while Bill Clinton was getting blow jobs in the oval
office.

> I know that a gun is safe in my hands, but I could
>point out many of my neighbors who I wouldn't trust with
one.

Sound's like the typical left wing liberal who wants control
over everyone.

>Our system
>isn't perfect, but it's the best we've got so far.

So don't rock the boat on the off chance that we might make
it better.

>Some rich guy in
>California building his own missile and weapons arsenal on
a big secluded
>ranch? Sounds like a plot for a Tom Clancy novel.

Tell me, Mr. Durkin, who provides most of the employment in
this country; who provides most of the charitable
contributions; who gives more to support the arts and
humanities; who pays more in taxes and social security? Its
not the homeless guy living under a bridge somewhere is it?
No, its the "rich guy". I wish I were one!

>As collectors we need to stand behind laws that support
responsible
>ownership of weapons systems, from a popgun to a missile.
If we don't, Rick
>Lathrop will become right; the government will eventually
ban everything.

And when they do, I'm sure someone like Mr. Durkin will be
standing there, doing the politically correct thing, with
clipboard in hand, making note of who obeys and who doesn't.

Ken