Re: RE [MV] 1-question & 1 answer

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:36:22 -0700 (PDT)

> My determination was that neutering the front end by making drive
flanges w/o
> splines was much better and caused an increase in power, gas mileage
and a
> decrease in road noise. YMMV
>
> Steve
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BUT, if the front hubs don't have a bearing for the axle shaft to ride
in where they pass through the hub won't they wear out the hub or the
axle shaft? Hubs made for lockouts have a bearing for the axle to
ride in when the hub is disengaged (That is: axle stationary, hub
rotating). At least my GMC M-135 doesn't seem to have support for
the axle stub.

Joe

M-135
4 - M-416