Re: [MV] M-211/M135 Parts

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:17:26 -0400

... as Richard et al will agree, it's also kind of like the yahoos who have places
like Pounds' in Portsmouth. We have run across the odd wrecking yard here, too,
with good stuff that was 'not for sale', yet either rusted away or went to the
crusher. I remember in particular a good F15A which no longer exists; thank gawd it
gave up a few parts at least before its demise... :-)

Then there's the stories of good stuff dumped wholesale into the Great Lakes after
WW2, or buried en-masse out west. I hear a group found 11 (?) universal carriers in
a landfill this summer... apparently all restoreable. Yikes!

I also have an issue of AIR CLASSICS which shows a field full of brand new P-38s
bulldozed into scrap. Makes one sick.

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball Maple Leaf Up! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada

http://www.netwave.ca/~whiskey/ortona/